Conditions Treated by Our Optometrists in Hendersonville
At Hendersonville Eye Care, we provide a complete list of eye care services in addition to diagnosing and treating a wide range of eye conditions and diseases. Our office is fully equipped with the tools necessary to perform complete eye exams, diagnose eye conditions or diseases in all stages, and treat patients with the most advanced methods and treatment technology available. Our optometrists in Hendersonville provide patients with care and relief from all eye conditions such as:
- Myopia (Nearsightedness), Hyperopia (Farsightedness), Presbyopia, and Astigmatism – Refractive errors which affect visual acuity such as these can be corrected with a wide variety of treatment methods such as eyeglasses, contact lenses, bifocals, orthokeratology (ortho-k), and refractive surgery (PRK and LASIK). Our optometrist provides a wide range of solutions for patients with vision affected by refractive errors and counsels patients who are deciding which options are the best choices for their needs and lifestyles.
- Glaucoma – Often referred to as the silent thief of sight, glaucoma typically does not present symptoms until irreversible vision loss has already occurred. Patients who are diagnosed with glaucoma have several treatment options based on the progression of their condition. These treatments include medicated eye drops, oral medications, and in advanced cases, surgery.
- Macular Degeneration – An eye conditions associated with age, macular degeneration occurs when the macula (the center of the retina) becomes damaged either due to abnormal blood vessel growth or the deterioration of an abnormally dry macula. In addition to a range of treatment options for arresting the progression of macular degeneration, our optometrist also offers patients lifestyle advance and nutritional counseling to help slow the advancement of the disease and preserve vision.
- Cataracts – With age, the lenses inside your eyes develop discolorations or clouds known as cataracts. When cataracts affect a patient’s vision, we might recommend intraocular lens implant (IOL) surgery. During this surgery, an eye surgeon replaces the clouded lens inside of your eye with a replacement lens. Advancements in IOL technology now allow us to also correct refractive errors with customized lenses, allowing some patients to see clearly without glasses after surgery.
- Diabetes – Diabetes can affect visual acuity and eye health. Our optometrist works with diabetic patients to help manage damage to the eyes.
- Dry Eye – We provide simple, effective treatment for patients suffering from the chronic dry eye with eye drops.
- Infections and Viruses – We diagnose and treat both bacterial and viral eye infections such as conjunctivitis (pink eye).
Schedule a Comprehensive Eye Exam with Our Hendersonville Eye Doctors
The American Optometric Association recommends adults have a comprehensive eye exam at least once per year to screen for the presence of potential eye diseases in early stages to ensure effective treatment and the preservation of eyesight. If you have yet to schedule your annual exam or have noticed any recent changes in your eyes, we encourage you to schedule an appointment with our Hendersonville eye doctors at (828) 693-5205 today.