Hendersonville EyeCare offers a variety of eye care services including Orthokeratology, also known as Ortho-k. This type of lens helps patients go without the need to wear glasses or contact lenses during the day. These prescription contact lenses can help to correct your vision while sleeping, giving you the ability to have better vision throughout the day.
How Does Ortho-K Work?
Ortho-K contact lenses feel and look much like traditional contacts. You put them in at night before you go to bed. Over time, they work to change the shape of the cornea to enhance your vision. The shape of the cornea, which is a transparent bulge that sits on the lens of your eye, causes incoming light rays to be refracted or bent. This impacts the quality of the image you see. These contact lenses help to adjust the cornea to the proper shape to improve the clarity of your vision.
What Are the Benefits of Ortho-K?
Ortho-K contact lenses provide a range of benefits to our patients:
- Improve vision significantly
- Correct your vision while you sleep, allowing you to be free from glasses and contacts throughout the day.
- These contact lenses are easy to use, easy to care for, and highly effective.
- They can be used for people who are nearsighted, farsighted and those with astigmatism.
- They are affordable. Since a pair of these lenses can last a year or longer, you do not have to replace your contact lenses as often as you would.
Contact Hendersonville EyeCare Today!
Learn more about how Hendersonville Eye Care can help you to obtain Ortho-K lenses and to help you with all of your vision needs. You can trust our licensed optometrist to help you find the contact lenses best for your needs. Trust us for the most innovative eye care products available.