At Hendersonville Eye Care, we care about your health. If you believe that you are suffering from computer vision, an appointment with our optometrist can help determine the cause of your tired eyes. If you have been struggling with your vision, making mistakes at work, it’s time to get your vision checked by a professional. When you are working at a computer screen all day, there are a number of steps you can take to be proactive about your eye care.
Your Hendersonville Computer Vision Eye Care
Computer screens can cause your eyes to become tired, red and you may even have trouble focusing. If you spend long hours staring at a computer screen all day, you will likely suffer from eye strain at some point. There are a number of steps you can take to reduce eye strain while you work at your computer.
To avoid tired, red, sore eyes from computer vision you should:
- Keep the light in your office even. Avoid bright lighting in your workspace in order to reduce glare.
- Set your computer so that the text is large enough for you to read without straining.
- Take frequent breaks that don’t involve the use of other screens.
- Look up and focus your eyes on something across the room. Take a moment to close your eyes and take several deep breaths.
- Know your limits. If your eyes are tired and sore, you’re going to have to take a longer break from work.
- Consider wearing light dimming eyeglasses if you are unable to control the lighting in your shared office space.
Your computer and the brightness of the screen can be the causes of your tired, strained eyes. Your vision may be getting worse over time because of the strain, so it’s important to get your eyes examined by an optometrist to ensure your vision isn’t diminishing.
Contact our Hendersonville Optometrists to schedule an Appointment Today!
To set up an appointment for routine eye care in Hendersonville, NC, contact Hendersonville Eye Care today at 828-693-5205.