Eye Surgery Consultations at Hendersonville Eye Care
At Hendersonville Eye Care, we specialize in keeping your eyes healthy. From regular vision and eye health exams that protect your vision and catch early signs of diseases to eye surgery consultations for a full range of health conditions, we do all we can to protect your eye health. Learn more about our consultations for eye surgery and how we can help you on a daily basis.
Eye Surgery Considerations
Eye surgery is a good option for some patients, but not for everyone. We are able to offer consultations for the following eye surgeries:
- LASIK – This unique laser surgery provides vision correction so you no longer need to use glasses or contacts. See better instantly with this elective day surgery. We provide evaluations and referrals for patients interested in LASIK surgery
- PRK – Photorefractive keratectomy or PRK reshapes the cornea to correct cases of myopia. This surgery can be used to treat most cases of myopia.
- Conductive Keratoplasty (CK) – This flexible eye surgery can not only correct refractive errors made in LASIK surgery, it can treat presbyopia and low hyperopia present with or without astigmatism.
- Eyelid surgery / Blepharoplasty – Eyelid reconstruction services remove extra skin, fat, and tissue behind the eyelid. By reshaping the eyelid, you can correct droopy eyelids and signs of aging.
- Strabismus treatment – Strabismus, a medical term for wandering or crossed eyes, can be successfully treated with surgery. By correcting eye alignment, doctors can restore normal appearance to the eyes and correct strabismus complications like double vision.
Any surgery can be scary, which is why we recommend that you see your trusted Hendersonville eye doctors to learn more about the benefits, side effects, and process of eye surgery. We will evaluate you to see whether you are a good candidate for one of these surgeries, refer you to a qualified medical professional near Hendersonville, and do all the follow-up care for eye surgery.
If you have been coping with a frustrating eye condition, the good news is that you do not have to. Let us guide you through eye surgery and advise you on how you can maximize your health.
We keep up with all the latest technologies and innovations in optometry, to provide the best care for you, our patients. We know a network of trusted, qualified eye surgeons who can perform LASIK surgery, CK, PRK, eyelid surgery, strabismus treatment, or another eye surgery. Get the help you need while still receiving treatment from our optometry professionals in Hendersonville.
Not everyone is suited for eye surgery. We generally do not recommend that individuals under the age of 18 receive eye surgery, nor individuals with certain medical conditions (like diabetes). If we do not feel that you are a good candidate for eye surgery, we will discuss your options with you so you can make an informed decision about your preferred course of action.
Would you like to schedule an appointment to learn more about eye surgery? If so then please contact us at 828-693-5205.